The SDK for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager 2o12 is now available for download: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29559
This was posted by Dave Randall in the Technet Forums about the SDK release here:
Announcing the release of the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SDK
The Microsoft System Center team is announcing the release and general availability of the Software Development Kit (SDK) for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. The System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SDK can be downloaded at no cost today at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29559.
Configuration Manager is a component of System Center 2012 that:
- Empowers users to be productive from anywhere, on whatever device they choose.
- Provides a unified infrastructure for client management and protection.
- Makes it easier and faster to administer client systems and maintain system compliance.
The SDK provides information about how developers and IT administrators can develop solutions that integrate with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. Features of the SDK include the following:
- Programming Fundamentals. Information about developing integrated applications for Configuration Manager. Provides best practice guidance on using new Configuration Manager features in your applications.
- “How-To” Examples. Practical “how-to” examples using C# and Visual Basic Script that can automate day to day tasks or build a foundation for robust solutions. How-To’s are available for the Administrator Console, Role Based Administration, and many other topics.
- Application Management. Information about the new application management capabilities and how to extend application management deployment types, or automate application creation. Information about legacy software distribution is also covered.
- Samples and Reference Documentation. A detailed section covering over 30 topics that include the Configuration Manager WMI classes and APIs. Several ready-to-compile solution samples are included for the Administrator Console, Software Updates, Operating System Deployment, Application Management and more.
- Ease of Installation. The SDK quickly installs in a standard way with no complex configuration required and a complete installer size of less than 100 MB. Developers can get up and running in just a few minutes. The System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SDK reference documentation is installed as a compiled help (CHM) file. The System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SDK and the Configuration Manager 2007 SDK can both be installed on the same computer.
- Complimentary MSDN documentation. The Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) site also hosts the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SDK reference documentation. Microsoft intends to update the reference documentation as new information is available. You can monitor the topic at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh948960.aspx
Microsoft intends to provide further updates to the downloadable SDK and the online MSDN reference information at a later date; details will be released when they are available.