The release candidate is now available!
Release candidate = new product name, it is now “System Center 2012 Configuration Manager“! There are a lot of new features in the Release candidate so be sure to check it out!
Some of the new features:
“In the Release Candidate, we’ve introduced some additional and enhanced capabilities, including:
- Improved endpoint protection functionality, with integrated setup, management and reporting for System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
- Improved application catalog design that provides a better, more responsive experience when requesting and downloading applications.
- New support for Windows Embedded devices, including Windows Embedded 7 SP1, POSReady 7, Windows 7 Thin PC, and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- Improved client status checks for Configuration Manager services and features.
- Improved compliance enforcement and tracking, with the ability to create dynamic collections of baseline compliance and the generation of hourly compliance summaries.
- Platform support for deep mobile device management of Nokia Symbian Belle devices. Pending a platform update by Nokia later this calendar year for these devices, customers will be able to try out the management of these Nokia devices with ConfigMgr.
- Additional scalability and performance improvements.
Read the whole article here:
Another great article was released yesterday about how Microsoft IT uses Configuration Manager 2012: Configuration Manager 2012 Real World Deployment Experience
I hope you enjoy the release candidate as much as I do!