I did a new installation of SCCM 2007 recently and thought I would share the combined hotfixes I install when doing this new installation. The installation was made on Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 and Configuration Manager 2007 R3 was the version I installed. There are a lot of hotfixes which needs to be applied, the following hotfixes are the ones I install and I strongly recommend everyone who are installing SCCM to install:
Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 & R3:
- The Active Directory system discovery process cannot detect a client if the DNS suffix of the client differs from its DNS domain name in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
- You cannot import a driver package into a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site if one or more driver files in the package are already imported into the site
- Asset Inteligence update, which corrects a number of reports and increases the number of Custom Labels that can be used.
- The Distribution Manager that is in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 does not honor the “Number of retries” and “Delay before retrying (minutes)” retry settings
- You cannot import a driver into an OSD image if the driver is signed for only the Windows 7 operating system in SCCM 2007 SP2
- Search paths are not discovered when the Active Directory System Discovery process or the Active Directory User Discovery process runs on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server
- The “Backup ConfigMgr Site Server” task fails on a ConfigMgr 2007 site server
- The handle count and memory usage of Smsexec.exe keeps increasing in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
- A System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server randomly stops processing status messages
- The computer associations are not created by the import computer information wizard in SCCM 2007 Service pack 2
- The “Date modified” attribute for each file is changed after you deploy the files to a client computer by advertising a task sequence from a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server
- This article describes the prerequisite hotfix for System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3
Windows 2008 R2:
- The “Win32_Service” WMI class leaks memory in Windows Server 2008 R2 and in Windows 7
- A memory leak issue occurs in the Windows Management Instrumentation service on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7
SQL 2008 R2:
- Cumulative Update package 4 for SQL Server 2008 R2. Solves the System Status message error “SMS SRS web service is not running on SRS Reporting server” when everything actually is running fine, but the error message is still being reported.
I hope this can be to some help!