In some scenarios like demo, test and proof-of-concept environment it is sometimes necessary to install the SCCM DashBoards Solution Accelerator on the SCCM Primary site server itself, which is not recommended in a production environment. The first time I ran this setup I noticed that Windows SharePoint services stops the default website, which SCCM depends on, and installs a default SharePoint site on port 80 instead, which makes the SCCM Site inoperable. As I am no Sharepoint guy it took me a while to get everything up and running, that’s why I thought i would share this guide and hope it save a couple of hours for you.
The default SharePoint site isn’t needed when installing the SCCM Dashboards Solution Accelerator as it creates a new site using port 12345 by default. This step-by-step guide will describe all steps necessary to get this configuration up and running.
To start with I have a completely installed SCCM 2007 SP2/R2 server with SQL 2008 running on Windows Server 2008 R2. Download the correct version of Windows SharePoint services for your platform together with the SCCM Dashboards solution accelerator.
- Start the installation of Windows SharePoint services 3.02
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select Basic installation
- When the installation is finished, choose the “Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard now” option.
- Run the Configuration wizard and accept that the IIS will be restarted.
- When the configuration wizard is complete, start the “SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration”
- Select the “Application management” tab, in the menu select “Delete Web Application”
- Select the default web application (in this case HTTP://sccm01)
- Select yes on both of the options in the delete dialog.
- Confirm the deletion in the next dialog.
- Then launch IIS Manager and start the default website again, which was stopped by the SharePoint installation. Now the SCCM Site is up and running again and the installation of SCCM Dashboards Solution Accelerator can be started.