I stumbled accross this updated article on Technet this morning about what’s new in FEP 2010 Update Rollup 1. I guess this means that the Forefront Update Rollup 1 is soon to be released!
The download link doesn’t work yet but I am sure it will soon
Here is the link to the download page http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26583
List of server-side changes
- Additional information was added to malware detection alerts, including threat name, file name, and remediation action.
- New functionality to enable deployment of Forefront Endpoint Protection definition updates through Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 software update points (SUP) was added.
- An installation failure was fixed when the DNS suffix of the computer differs from the DNS name of the domain to which it belongs.
- An issue was corrected where threat overrides are removed when a policy is edited and saved prior to user interface being populated.
- A crash in server setup was corrected when setup is cancelled but not properly rolled back.
List of client-side changes
- The following Windows 7 Embedded operating systems are now supported
- Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1
- Windows Embedded POSReady 7
- Windows ThinPC
Note: Forefront Endpoint protection is only supported on the above operating systems when the write filter is not enabled.
- A problem with the competitive uninstall feature was fixed that should now allow it to properly remove certain localized versions of the Forefront Client Security State Assessment and Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 agents.
- A fix was made to the antimalware client to correct a condition where it logs an incorrect detection identifier. This issue may result in SQL Server Integration Services job failures, reported through the FEP Best Practice Analyzer(BPA) or the SQL Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager.
- Features were added to the MpCmdRun command line utility, including:
- Ability to specify a UNC share with the -SignatureUpdate switch
- Ability to perform a custom scan of an entire folder in addition to individual files
- A performance improvement was made to the definition update process to correct an issue on computers with exceedingly large number of files.
- A fix was made to correct an access violation in the antimalware service.
For the whole article: