When creating a baseline for your environment Desired Configuration Management in Configuration Manager can be used to monitor that all laptops operating system drive is encrypted using DCM. This could be useful to verify that an administrator somewhere haven’t removed bitlocker or to make sure that the deployment strategi for bitlocker is working correctly.
- Create a new Configuration Item General or Operating System is up to you, under Desired Configuration in the SCCM console.
- On the Settings tab select New
- Name it Bitlocker Status
- Namespace: Root\CIMV2\Security\MicrosoftVolumeEncryption
- Class: Win32_EncryptableVolume
- Property: DriveLetter
- On the validation screen
- Operator: Equals
- Value: C:
- Severity: Error
- On the Status screen change the severity to Error
No create a DCM Baseline containing the Bitlocker Configuration Item and assign it to a collection containing you Windows 7 and Windows Vista computers.